Recipe Courtesy of Cassie Law our resident Nutritionist
Chai Spiced Coconut Banana Bread
– 1/2 cup of coconut flour
– 4 bananas
– 4 eggs (could sub for flax eggs)
– 2 tbsp. of Greek/natural or yogurt of choice
– 2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup
– 1/4 cup sulphur free shredded coconut
– 1,1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
– 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
– 1/2 tsp. all spice
– 2 tsp. of gluten free baking powder
– 1/4 cup of Chia seeds
*preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
1) Blend banana, eggs, baking powder, spices, maple syrup, shredded coconut & yogurt until smooth. Pour into bowl.
2) Sift coconut flour into mixture and add the chia seeds and mix to combine. Let sit for 10 mins for the mixture to expand.
3) Pour into a baking tin, decorate with banana and place in the oven for 35-40 mins. With 5 mins to go, sprinkle on extra shredded coconut and cook.
4) Remove from over once cooked and leave to cool down.